This Policy was last updated on June 14, 2018.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Information you provide to us.
Registration: MyMonthlyCycles.com collects Personal Information about you when you register to become a site member, subsequently change your account information, or interact with our site to use the software services available on the site. For example, when you register, we collect your email address, which requires confirmation via an email we will send you. You also may voluntarily provide additional Personal Information, such as demographic data (e.g., your age range). When you use MyMonthlyCycles.com to track your monthly cycle, the information you provide, such as menstruation data, basal body temperature, breast self-exams, is collected and stored in database records associated with your account ID.
Surveys: MyMonthlyCycles.com may sponsor its own surveys, or that of third parties. In general, these surveys are conducted anonymously; however, some involve the collection of Personal Information, as the survey will indicate. If the survey is being sponsored by an entity other than MyMonthlyCycles.com, information about the survey sponsor will be provided on the survey, so you can decide whether to participate, including based on whether you will be submitting Personal Information.
Information automatically collected.
Server Log Data: MyMonthlyCycles.com automatically collects and records certain information in our server logs whenever you visit or use our website. Our logs record your IP address, information about your browser (e.g., type and version), and pages you request. We have no obligation to retain this server log information and we may delete it at any time without notice to you.
What other types of information do we collect?
The browser cookie implementation only enables MyMonthlyCycles.com to write cookies from the MyMonthlyCycles.com website domain and to subsequently, when you revisit the site/page, read back our own cookies.
See our Cookie Notice for more details on cookies and ways you can manage them.
Do we collect information from children?
MyMonthlyCycles.com is not intended for those who are under the age of thirteen (13). On our registration page, as well as in our Terms of Service document, we include a notice that the site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and that children under the age of 13 should not register to become members. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, and if we find that we have inadvertently obtained Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete it.
Do others collect information from this website?
You can opt out of cookies for several advertising networks, some of which may be delivering ads on our site, by visiting Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
See our Cookie Notice for more details on cookies and additional ways you can manage them.
How does MyMonthlyCycles.com use your Personal Information?
- Part of MyMonthlyCycles.com's website enables women to track their monthly cycles. In order for many of MyMonthlyCycles.com's available features to work, its internal algorithms programmatically access your tracking data for calculation purposes. For example, if you choose to receive an automated email reminder from MyMonthlyCycles.com which should be sent based on your tracking history, in order to send that reminder, your tracking history must be programmatically accessed and evaluated to determine when such reminder(s) should be emailed.
- MyMonthlyCycles.com will email you email reminders based on those you have setup, emailed to the addresses you have configured, when triggered by the criteria you have entered for the reminder, which usually means that calculations are run against your data.
When does MyMonthlyCycles.com share your Personal Information?
- Sharing with our sponsors - You can opt to receive email directly from our sponsors. Such emails are not sent by MyMonthlyCycles.com, but instead are sent to you from our sponsors. In order for the sponsor to email you, we will provide the sponsor with your email address. If you do not want to receive email from a third party, make sure to opt out of the Email from Our Sponsors marketing preference in Account Maintenance.
- MyMonthlyCycles.com may, at its option, present aggregated data on our site or provide such data to third parties. In such cases, your personal tracking data may be used as part of the aggregated statistics but we will not provide any information that personally identifies you or associates you with the aggregated results.
- We may share your Personal Information with others in order to (i) comply with the law or cooperate with law enforcement officials; (ii) investigate or take action due to violations to our Terms and Conditions of Use; (iii) or to protect the property, safety, or rights of MyMonthlyCycles.com or any person; (iv) any other lawful purpose that would not violate your right to privacy under applicable law.
How do we protect your Personal Information?
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures, as well as implemented physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, to protect Personal Information collected from you and other users of this website. However, you should be aware that no website, including MyMonthlyCycles.com, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. You can help safeguard your Personal Information collected by MyMonthlyCycles.com, by ensuring that you do not share or allow access by any other person to your account ID and the password associated with it. For example, you should make sure to logout when you leave your computer, so that no one else can access or alter your account information.
How can you manage your account information and preferences?
- You have the ability to change your account information and marketing preferences at any time.
- When you first register, you can setup your account information. A valid email is required which we confirm via an email to you at that address.
- On sign up, you also designate your marketing preferences for all such preferences available at the time you register. Some preferences may be opt-in by default, whereas others may be opt-out by default. You have the ability to override any of the defaults by checking or un-checking the preference before you submit the registration form.
- After you become a member, you can change your account information and marketing preferences at any time, using options available from the Account Maintenance screen. If you change your primary email address, or add additional email addresses, all email addresses will be confirmed by MyMonthlyCycles.com: MyMonthlyCycles.com will send a confirmation email to each new/changed email account you configure.
- Your account password is encrypted in our database, and we are not able to unencrypt it for you, even if you forget it. If you do forget your password, follow the instructions on our "Forgot Your Password" screen to have a new password generated for you. We strongly recommend that once you receive the new password in your email that you then immediately change it, using our Change Password screen (available from Account Maintenance).
- You can setup or delete email reminders. If you have setup an email reminder and no longer wish to receive it, you can delete the reminder. Some email reminders are recurring, and will continue to be sent, based on the criteria you have configured, until such time as you delete them.
- For as long as you are registered through an account with us, MyMonthlyCycles.com reserves the right to automatically send you email communications relating to the MyMonthlyCycles.com service and administration, policy changes, or your account without offering you an opt-out of receiving such notices.
What are your responsibilities in submitting content to public areas of MyMonthlyCycles.com?
As part of the MyMonthlyCycles.com service, we provide forums where visitors can post messages, as well as a chart room service for sharing charts that other visitors can view and, if opted for by the chart owner, post comments. Examples are the BBT Chart Room and CycleViews. Forums and chart rooms are open to the public, and therefore any website visitor can view any information that you choose to share in these public areas. In addition to website visitors, other third parties, including Search Engines, can view and index these public pages. You are solely responsible for protecting your privacy when you opt to post in public areas on MyMonthlyCycles.com and should be extremely careful about what personally identifiable information you choose to reveal about yourself. MyMonthlyCycles.com and bInfinity are not responsible for any information you choose to disclose in public areas on the MyMonthlyCycles.com website.
Our website servers are located in the United States and all processing and storage of data by MyMonthlyCycles.com is on these servers. If you are located outside the United States, the processing and storage of your data will be in the United States.